Of course the best thing that we can do at the moment is donate. But increasingly numerous creative brands, from fashion to art to food and more, are also starting initiatives that are raising additional tens of thousands to help the situation in Ukraine. Here are just a few that I've seen who are currently doing excellent things, plus some ideas for fundraising and donating. PS. I have only included companies here who are donating 100% of profits and/or proceeds.
NATALIA BAGNIEWSKA The artist has produced a Peace print, with all profits being donated to the British Red Cross Ukraine Crises Appeal, and Unicef's Ukraine Crises Appeal.
CRESSIDA JAMIESON Bespoke Embroidery Designer Cressida is donating all profits from her Choose Love motif t-shirt to Choose Love.
MY WARDROBE HQ The fashion rental platform is selling traditional Ukranian blouses on their site, with 100% of proceeds going directly to their Ukranian supplier and her team
4. MARGO IN MARGATE Margate based artist Margo McDaid is currently donating profits from sales of plates on a weekly wenesday drop to her website. 100% of these sales goes to Unicef's Ukraine Crises Appeal.
5. CHOOSE LOVE MERCHANDISE As well as purchasing items from their site you can buy essential items for refugees from sleeping bags to food, and donate directly to the Ukranian Crises Fundraiser, which has currently raised close to £1.7 million
6. CLOTHES FOR PROGESS The charity resale platform has launched a two week fundraiser for Ukraine, with fashion brands donating pieces towards the campaign. All funds raised will be donated to United Help Ukraine for urgent medical aid and humanitarian relief.
6. BABAK GANJEI London artist Babek Ganjei has been producing a limited edition artwork, with 100% of profits going to the Red Cross Ukraine Crises Fund and Choose Love
7. OLIA HERCULES Ukranian chef Olia Hercules has moved her successful #cookforukraine hashtag into a fundraiser for @Unicef, where restaurants bars and cafes share Ukrainian dishes on their menus and add voluntary donations to the bill throughout March, plus the public are invited to host a supper club or bake sale, donating proceeds through Justgiving. to Unicef Ukraine Crises Appeal
8. JUSTGIVING FUNDRAISERS The charity fundraising site Justgiving has gathered together a list of charity campaigns and fundraisers that we can all donate to, plus suggest starting your own.
Thank you for reading! Do let me know of you know of other great creative initiatives.