Black Friday Weekend: It comes at the most expensive time of the year, and yet ironically places an emphasis on personal purchasing. Surely the main focus of Black Friday shopping should be 'glamorous' household items like a fridge freezer or an air fryer ( No real idea what an air fryer is but it appears to be the kitchen item du jour), followed closely by the extended Christmas present list? Purchases with direction is the point i'm trying to make. But when it comes to fashion and Black Friday it always seems that we're encouraged into frenzied buying for ourselves of things we hadn't previously needed at all, and potentially even wanted.
So- lets approach this sensibly- and treat this divisive sale period as an excellent way to nail pieces for a Christmas wish list of our own. My last blog was a 'shop-for-the-family-within-a-budget' special; this one is a 'shop-the-flash-sales-but-call-it-christmas-shopping'. to forward on to partners (thoughtful); to purchase on behalf of others (helpful); or simply to self gift (we deserve it!) So: special pieces that have had thought put into them - whether a wardrobe classic or a long term wishlist item that feels like a treat. NOT a frenzied church jumble sale esque grab of pieces where worth is directly dependent on discount. I'm focussing on independents, as events like Black Friday are the perfect time to support small businesses, but also use the sales to up level to more designer pieces that might be otherwise over budget; plus there is no shame in a high street bargain if it has longevity. Here are twenty items I always return to when sale shopping. I hope they give you some personal Christmas list inspiration. Happy shopping!
1. A STATEMENT COAT: Damson Madder- was £125 now £75 ( 40% off outerwear with code LAYERS40)
2. A PIECE OF LUGGAGE: Paravel @ Liberty - was £285 now £228 ( up to 30% discount for limited time)
3. WEAR EVERY DAY JEWELS: Loel & Co- was £49 now £34.30 (30% off until 28th November)
4. STATEMENT LOUNGEWEAR: Tallulah and Hope- was £240 now £168 (30% off until 28th November)
5. A CLASSIC ALL SEASON SHOE: Asra- was £79 now £63.20 ( Up to 40% off until 29th November)
6. AN EXTRA SPECIAL CROSS BODY BAG- See By Chloe at Matches Fashion - was £380 now £266 (30% off for limited time use code 30MF)
7. A MODERN HEIRLOOM NECKLACE: Alighieri- was £180 now £110 (Up to 40% off for limited time) 8. LUXE PYJAMAS: Honna London was £130 now £91 (30% off with code BFSLEEP)
9. A CLASSIC ANKLE BOOT: Esska - was £175 now £158 (Up to 20% off for limited time)
10. A GREAT TRENCHCOAT- La Redoute: was £99 now £49.50 ( 50% off for limited time)
11. A QUALITY BELT : Ganni @ Farfetch- was £102 now £71 (Up to 50% off plus extra 20% of at checkout until 1st December)
12. A GREAT KNIT: Iris Fashion - was £245 now £122 ( up to 50% off for limited time)
13. A LOOK AT ME TRAINER: New Balance @ Net a Porter- was £100 now £70 (30% off for limited time)
14. A CLASSIC PIECE OF DENIM: Wyse London - was £225 now £157.50 (up to 50% off for limited time)
15. A FOREVER WALLET: Aspinal of London - was £185 now £148 ( up to 50% off for limited time)
16. A LUXE LINEN ROBE H&M - was £35 now £28 ( 20% off for limited time)
17. A SPECAL DRESS: Sleeper @ Liberty London- was £200 now £160 (up to 30% for limited time)
18. A FUN ACCESSORY: Roxanne Assoulin @ Matches Fashion- was £60 now £42 ( 30% off for limited time)
19. A LARGE TOTE Margaux Home- was £65 now £58.50 (10% off until 28th November)
20. A COOL SWEATSHIRT: Cos was £69 now £55.20 ( 20% off until 28th November)
There may be affiliate links associated with this page.